For ~ 1 🙂
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cold water to dilute
- slices of lemon (optional)
- Heat sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan till sugar dissolves completely
- Add in a couple slices of lemon while the sugar is dissolving
- Extract 1 cup of lemon juice (4-6 lemons)
- Bring out a glass pitcher/jar/container, add in the cup of lemon juice, 3 cups of cold water and the syrup from step 1+2
- Refrigerate for 40 minutes – 1 hour before serving
- Serve with ice and sliced lemon
- Bon appétit!
Serving suggestions: summer …
NOTES: I used slightly less than 3/4 cup of sugar, but use up to 1 cup if you are feeling sweet. Heating up a couple slices of lemon along with the sugar syrup adds depth to the flavor. Don’t forget to drain out the seeds but leave the pulp alone ;). I heart my lemonade!