- 1 lb green/white/french beans, ends trimmed, strings removed
- 2 oz diced pancetta
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Blanch the bean in a large pot of boiling water for about 4 minutes, drain well and place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and set aside
- Heat up a pan on medium high heat, cook the diced pancetta until slightly browned. Scoop out the pancetta and leave the fat/oil inside the pan
- Add the chopped shallots to the pan, cook on medium high heat in the pancetta fat/oil, until softened/slightly transparent
- Drop in butter, blanched beans and pancetta, stir constantly till all ingredients are well mixed, add salt and pepper to taste
- Bon appétit!
Serving suggestions: anything and everything …
BLANCHING – Plunge food into boiling water for a short period of time then place in ice water to slow and stop the cooking process.
NOTES: Even the pickiest veggie eater will love this dish! It’s very simple to make and filled with wonderful flavors. You have the options of using just one type of beans but also the option of taking beans to the next level 😉 Remember to begin with crisp, fresh beans, you’d be much happier with the end product that way!