- 4 medium-sized Bosc Pears, peeled
- 1/2 cup Kendall-Jackson Syrah Vintner’s Reserve 2007
- 1/2 cup Fresh & Easy pure pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Stir everything BUT the pears together in a medium saucepan on medium heat, takes about 2 minutes till the sugar dissolves.
- Place pears inside a square baking dish, pour the sauce from step-2 over the pears and send them into the oven!
- Basting pears with the sauce every 20 minutes till they are tender, total time in the oven is about 1 hour.
- Transfer pears onto preferred serving plates, transfer the remaining sauce into a small sauce pan, simmer till the sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup, bout 3.5 minutes.
- Spoon glaze over pears
- Bon appétit! 😉
Serving suggestions: while warm with biscotti and/or ice cream and/or blue cheese and/or shaved almonds and/or walnuts and/or bits of dried cranberries and/or …
BASTING – a technique which involves cooking/coating using own juice or preparation sauce repeatedly over an extended period of time.
NOTES: For presentation purposes, remember to pick pears with stems on! I actually halved the two pears without complete stems and they turned out to be more tender. So perhaps next time I should increase the sauce measurement and roast a little longer for the whole pears. The wine-pom sauce was definitely the highlight of this dish, makes you want to lick the plate, well, I did :P. Some vanilla ice cream would have gone perfect with the pears but too bad I forgot to sneak one pint home!